Thursday, February 2, 2012

Top 3 Self-Tanners

Living in Florida means that a tan is essential, but we all know that the sun can cause some major damage to our skin. I'd like to say that I don't, but I'm completely guilty of going to the tanning bed. I also love laying out by the pool and going to the beach - it's the best thing about living in a tropical climate! 
    While trying to find an alternative to tanning beds, I've come across sooo many products that claim to give you a "natural" glow. If you've had the experiences that I've had, you know that, in reality, you end up looking like a you rolled in a giant bag of Cheetos. Well, after searching far and wide for the perfect faux tan, I've found 3 great products that look natural, are inexpensive, and easy to apply!

          #1: Salon Bronze 
         
This takes the number one spot on my list. It sprays on evenly, gives you a nice bronze color, and is fool-proof. It runs at about $13 at Sally's beauty supply for the gun and cartridge and the refills after that are only $8. It takes some practice to perfect, but mistakes are easily fixed with a paper towel or sponge roller. I recommend spraying yourself in the shower or outdoors... it can be messy! 


#2: Sun Labs Ultra Dark Lotion
This is another one of my all-time favorites. If you buy it directly from the Sunlabs website, it can be pricey. However, you can usually find them at a Marshall's or TJMaxx for about $15. The lotion is tinted, so it's easy to see any potential mistakes. Because it's so dark, I usually mix it with my favorite moisturizer to tone it down. It's best to apply this with latex gloves to minimize the staining on the palms of your hands.
(*Tip: Washing your hands with soap and some whitening toothpaste usually gets rid of any staining. )


                                             #3: LA Tan Signature Bronzing Mousse
Last but not least is this tanning mousse that I discovered when I worked at a tanning salon two years ago. This mousse is tinted and dries quickly, so applying it is a breeze. This can be found at any LA Tan salon for about $15.


Happy Tanning!

1 comment:

  1. I have a bottle of the last stuff that I just found in an old drawer in my room filled with self tanners lol ohhhh how fun highschool was. The toothpaste is a good tip ;]

    ReplyDelete